Nowadays smart TVs are everywhere in different sizes from large to medium. Most time people to watch the TV shows that are streamed in the laptop directly in the TV itself. Until now people are using the casting technique where one can cast the computer screen onto a TV using the miracast. But here in this post we will help you to cast your computer screen on to the TV without using the old miracast technique.
Steps to setup chromecast on Windows 10 :
It is very easy to setup chromecast on windows with few easy steps. Before that you need to have some things which are mentioned in the list below.
- Google Chromecast device
- System with Windows 10 OS installed
- Google Chrome
- A Smart TV with internet connection
If you have all these items ready then please go ahead with the below steps. These steps will help you to setup your chromecast device.
- In you home TV there will be an HDMI port, there you need to plug the HDMI end of the Google chromecast device that you have.
- Change the source input of the TV to HDMI using the TV remote. Check the image for the sample menu.
- Some Tv may have two HDMI ports like HDMI 1 or HDMI 2. So depending on what port you have plugged in the chrome cast you need to fix that HDMI port.
- Make sure you are using the Chrome browser.
- Now open the chrome browser and go to this link -> chromecast.com/setup
- Now click on Set up your chromecast.
- After you accept the terms and conditions the webpage will check for the connected chromecast device. If Chrome doesn’t detect the device then please make sure that you have turned the Wi-Fi on or connected to the right network.
Once the device gets detected in the next screen click on the “Set Me Up”
- The chromecast device that is connected will show a network available in the Wi-Fi network. Open the available connections and click on it to get connected to that network.
- Once you get connected to the network it will show like in the below image. Click on next to get connected to that network.
- Now a confirmation code will be shown on both screens ( Tv and windows computer ) Make sure both are same.
Here in this screen you have to name your chrome device.
- Now you need to connect your chromecast to your Wi-Fi inorder to help chromecast to stream the contents from the windows system.
- After all the above steps now the screen will display “Ready to cast”
- Click on “Ready to cast” to start streaming the contents from windows to TV
Also if you need to play movies from your windows system to your TV then there is a simple way to do this. Follow the below steps to do it.
- Open the chrome browser in your computer.
- Now play the movie in your favorite movie streaming website. For example: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar etc.
- You can see a cast icon on the top of the chrome browser. Now click on it.
- Now you can see the movie cast over the Tv.
Hope you got the idea how this works. If you got any doubts regarding this then please make sure to ask the doubts in the comment section below. You will get replied within 6 hours from the time you post.