Casting / Mirroring your phone to FireStick :
There are a lot of streaming devices available in the market for streaming your favorite programs in the TV. Among them FireStick is very notable for it’s best performance. It’s owned by the Amazon company. Firestick also has a lot of apps within itself such as Netflix, Firefox, Saavn, Amazon prime videos and much more. One of the best uses of the Firestick is that it can be used as a casting device.
Firestick can also be used to mirror your mobile screen on to the TV screen. Here in this post we are going to discuss how to cast the screen on Firestick. There are two ways by which we can cast the screen. We shall discuss about it below.
First method : Using the default options available
- Step 1: Hold the home button of the Firestick remote for few seconds. You will now see a pop-up that appears.
- Step 2: You can now see 4 options as shown in the image below. There you can see the Mirroring option. Choose it.
- Step 3: Now your Firestick must have started mirroring the phone.
Second method : Using the settings option
- Step 1: Open the settings option in the Firestick. Then go to “Display and sounds”
- Step 2: Now you can see “Enable Display Mirroring” option in the “Display and sounds” tab.
- Step 3: On enabling the “Enable Display Mirroring” option your firestick will now become ready to accept casting request from other android devices.
Not only by the above steps but also we can cast to the Firestick device from android directly. Follow the below steps.
Cast to Firestick using your Android device:
- Step 1: Go to settings page of your android device.
- Step 2: Tap on the option “Bluetooth and Device Connections”.
- Step 3: Now tap on “Connection Preferences”.
- Step 4: Now in the connection preferences page just tap on the “Cast” option.
- Step 5: There you can see the Firestick device. Click on it to start casting.
- Step 6: Make sure that your android device and the Firestick device are connected to the same network.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
First Q1: Does Google pixel support cast on Firestick?
Ans: No they don’t. Currently there are some issues between Amazon and Google devices. May be some compatibility issues. Also Google Pixel does not support Miracast options. We will update here once the problem is resolved.
Second Q2: Does Samsung S8 models can be mirrored using Firestick?
Ans: Yes of course. They are very easy to connect. In fact all android devices those have the OS version above 4 will perfectly work with Firestick. Google pixel devices are slightly an exemption.
The above three detailed steps will definitely explain you how to mirror or cast your device to the TV using Amazon firestick. Using this you can easily connect your mobile devices to the TV ease.